“Change is the end result of all true learning.” — Leo Buscaglia
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT? OUR APPROACH!
What is The DIRFloortime® Model?
The Developmental, Individual Difference, Relationship-based (DIRFloortime®) Model is a framework that helps clinicians, parents and educators conduct a comprehensive assessment and develop an intervention program tailored to the unique challenges and strengths of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and other developmental challenges. The objectives of the DIRFloortime® Model are to build healthy foundations for social, emotional, and intellectual capacities rather than focusing on isolated skills and behaviors. Our best outcome measure, however, is what our families notice most: when a child is happy and engaged, they are best able to learn!
The aim of our program is to produce children who:
- Are well-regulated
- Have healthy relationships
- Have good self-esteem and positive experience in a school environment
- Have a strong sense of self and are able to function independently
- Are in touch with their emotions
- Are independent thinkers and problem-solvers
- Are prepared emotionally, socially, behaviorally, and academically for less restrictive environments
More about the DIRFloortime® Model